Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Gate of Hope: A Sample eMi Project

Over the next few months, as I prepare to climb Mount Kilimanjaro and also attempt to climb a $7000 fundraising mountain for eMi, I hope to highlight some of the eMi projects that people like my friend, Jeff, have adopted.

I’d like to direct your attention to what Jeff has posted about Gate of Hope, an organization that arose in the wake of the Rwandan Civil War and Genocide. Jeff wrote that “Gate of Hope is a ministry founded, led, and operated by Rwandans who are seeking to love and care for the people around them.”

Rwanda, known as the “Land of a Thousand Hills,” presented several engineering challenges when Jeff and his team set out to design facilities for Gate of Hope. You can see drawings of how Jeff’s team planned to overcome these challenges by clicking here.

Below is a video from Gate of Hope. I included it here to give a sense of the kinds of organizations eMi assists.


No comments:

Post a Comment