Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pole, Pole

Now is probably a good time to introduce a phrase I used a lot while climbing Mount Kilimanjaro. Pole, pole (pronounced: POH-lay, POH-lay). It’s Swahili for “slow, slow.” The basic idea is that, by moving slowly, you’ll get to your destination eventually – sort of a “tortoise and hare” mindset.


I left Tanzania three weeks ago today. While I’ve wanted to update this blog and get the story of the climb out to friends and supporters, life has thrown a few speed bumps my direction. As a result, my blog has gone...well, you’ve probably caught on: pole, pole.

The Kilimanjaro climb was January 21-28. Stay tuned to the blog from February 21-28. On each of those days, I’ll post a few photos and highlights from what took place a month earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment