Sunday, December 2, 2012

Building into “Forgotten Men”

My friend Jeff, who is the Construction Management Coordinator at eMi: East Africa, shared the below video with me roughly a year ago. Prior to watching this video, I had not given much thought to people who primarily work in construction; the term “forgotten men” too often fits them well.

When eMi realized a disconnect between the blueprints they were designing and the buildings that were actually being built, they focused their efforts on building into the men doing construction. I love this quote from the video: “These guys will actually do better if I start making them realize they’re more important than the buildings we’re building.”



To learn more about eMi’s Construction Management Program, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment