Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Announcement of Matching Funds

The Kilimanjaro climb is an even greater adventure than just a walk up the highest mountain in Africa. It’s also a fundraiser to help Engineering Ministries International in East Africa further their capabilities to meet the needs of people in East Africa.

This morning, eMi announced that a major donor friend of eMi is prepared to match the next $15,000 (USD 15,000) in donations given between today and January 20th! Wow. Please consider giving (info on how to do that is here). If you could share this news with others, as well, that would be awesome!

When I joined the climb and fundraiser, I committed to raise $2,000 to help eMi. None of this money goes toward my flight to Africa or to the climb itself. To date, people have generously given $900. This is up $400 from four weeks ago.

Don’t forget that I also committed to add $500 to the total, if people helped “climb Mount Kilimanjaro with me.” I set a goal to raise $5,895 – a dollar (USD) per meter of Kilimanjaro’s elevation. As soon as that happens, I will give $500. I will add yet another $500, when the total reaches $7,000.

Basically, your gift could be tripled, with my matching funds and the $15,000 announced today. Together, let’s help eMi claim all of the generous gifts their friends want to give!

No comments:

Post a Comment